Credit: Via Pete Piringer/Twitter

An overheated laptop was to blame for a fire that spread through a Silver Spring apartment building over the weekend, according to a Montgomery County fire department spokesman.

The two-alarm fire displaced 25 people from the Parkside Terrace Apartments early Saturday morning, Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer wrote on Twitter. One person was treated for injuries related to smoke inhalation.

Firefighters arrived at the Thayer Avenue apartments just after midnight and rescued several people from inside, according to Piringer.

The overheated laptop had caught a bed on the second floor on fire. The fire caused about $550,000 in damages.