Credit: Via Pete Piringer/Twitter

A family of three was displaced after a lightbulb caused a fire in the bedroom of a single-family home in Silver Spring on Tuesday night.

No one was injured, but the fire caused about $30,000 in damage at a house on the 9000 block of Colesville Road, according to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer.

A passerby alerted the residents and they got out of the home safely at about 8:20 p.m., Piringer wrote on Twitter. After that, 45 firefighters responded and extinguished the flames.

Colesville Road was closed in both directions at Lanark Way, south of University Boulevard, for about an hour as firefighters fought the flames.

Officials consider the cause of the fire to be a 100-watt incandescent lightbulb that was too close to combustible materials in a bedroom closet.