Story Tapestries (storytapestries.com) infuses Greater Washington with creative energy, interweaving professional performances and educational community arts programs that promote equity. Led by a network of professional artists and educators, its collaboratively designed programs reach more than 150,000 people annually (primarily those living in areas of high poverty) at low to no cost for participants.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
• $55 affords three adults three hours of professional development.
• $100 gives three young people access to a life-changing summer Leadership Week.
• $565 sponsors a Family Night for youths and adults to enjoy a performance and an interactive, intergenerational workshop.
• One day: Support special events.
• Weekly: Remotely support social media communications or data entry.