Bruce Alan Kehr, M.D. is the Founder and President of Potomac Psychiatry. He is a nationally recognized thought leader in the field of psychiatry, and is passionate about helping patients who have not responded to prior treatment feel well and recover their health. Dr. Kehr has pioneered several national specialty programs including Root Cause Psychiatry, Autism Genetic and FRAT Testing, Long COVID Depression and Brain Fog, and ReCODE (Reverse Cognitive Decline)/PreCODE (Prevent Cognitive Decline). Each of these programs utilizes cutting-edge laboratory tests and the latest scientific discoveries to help treatment-resistant patients by exploring their genetic, gut microbiome, cellular, and immune system causes of chronic emotional distress. Dr. Kehr is a best-selling author. His blog has been ranked #2 in the nation among the top 50 mental health-related blogs. He also provides individual psychotherapy, and many of his clients are attorneys, physicians, and prominent business leaders. He is the author of Becoming Whole, A Healing Companion to Ease Emotional Pain and Find Self-Love, and co-author of Enduring Alzheimer’s: Practical Tips for Caring for Your Loved One and Yourself. He is also the Founder of PainScript, a personalized digital platform for pain management, substance use disorder and chronic care management.
Dr. Kehr is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown University School of Medicine. He trained in psychiatry at Tufts New England Medical Center, where he was Chief Resident. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and has extensive training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
- Bethesda Magazine “Top Doctor,”- 2019 – Present
- PharmaVOICE 100, “One of the top 100 most inspirational and influential people in the life sciences industry.”
- Castle Connolly “Top Doctor” (National Individual Award)
- Global Health & Pharma, “Most Comprehensive Mental Health Center 2023 – Mid-Atlantic USA” (National Practice Award)
- Global Health & Pharma, “Excellence Award for Forensic Psychiatry & Expert Witness Services 2023 – Mid-Atlantic USA” (National Practice Award)