Dr. Coleman Brown from Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery is a proud member of the metropolitan Washington, DC healthcare community. With his gentle humor and calm bedside manner, Dr. Brown has received accolades from the healthcare community and patients alike.
Dr. Brown is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has received various awards for his work in his specialized fields of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face, breast, and body.
Originally a Louisiana native, Dr. Brown received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia before returning to Louisiana to complete his medical degree at Tulane University School of Medicine.
After Tulane, he completed a residency in general surgery at Texas Tech University School of Medicine. This was followed by a fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Dr. Brown then completed a cosmetic surgery fellowship at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital in New York where he trained an additional year focusing entirely on cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Brown routinely lectures on advanced techniques in plastic surgery across the nation. He often participates in hands-on labs to help educate other plastic surgeons on more innovative ideas and techniques.
Dr. Brown has been featured in national and local publications such as the New York Times, Capitol File, DC Modern Luxury, Baltimore Magazine, What’s Up Annapolis, and the Washingtonian, and more.
Certifications & Memberships
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Certification
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member and Past President
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Adjunct Faculty
- 2020 Top Doctor Washingtonian Magazine
- 2021 Top Doctors Northern Virginia Magazine
- 2021 Top Doctor Bethesda Magazine
- 2021 Top Doctor Washingtonian Magazine
- Top Medical Professionals DC Magazine